Digital Media ManagerYakima Herald-Republic
Responsible for editorial, technical, and business aspects of online and social media channels.
- Producing, curating and creating news, feature, interactive and multimedia content; producing and maintaining sites, managing social channels
- Designing and executing content strategies for maximizing impact, reach and engagment
- Maximizing revenue from advertising inventory
- Using analytics to provide audience insight and help inform decision making
- Implementing best practices and leading digital transformation of print news operation
- Grew audience year-over-year despite Facebook's anti-news algorithm changes costing us 20%+ of our traffic
- Implemented native programmatic advertising, resulting in $50,000 annually in new revenue
- Developed and designed micro-site detailing local missing and murdered indigenous women issue
Digital ProducerYakima Herald-Republic
Produced, created and curated digital content for online and social channels. Developed interactives and special sections. Produced video and provided CAR and data journalism support to newsroom.
Managed and produced content for online and social media platforms. Responsible for both editorial and technical aspects of daily and special coverage. Line produced newscasts.
Producer for NBC affiliate in Sacramento-Stockton-Modesto market (DMA 20). Produced fast-paced, live-intensive, daily newscasts with an emphasis on winning breaking news and the big stories in a competitive environment. Field produced special and investigative projects.
Newscast producer for ABC affiliate in Green Bay-Appleton, WI market (DMA 69). Responsible for all editorial and technical elements of assigned newscasts and supervising news crews and production staff.
Newscast producer for NBC affiliate in Columbia - Jefferson City, MO market (DMA 138). Produced special projects, features, and investigative stories. Produced re-purposed, original, and value-added online content
News EditorMissouri News
Newsroom manager, assignment editor, and reporter for statehouse-based radio wire service providing state government news to commercial and public radio stations.